- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 eggs
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
Place grated potatoes in a piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and gently squeeze out excess liquid. Combine potatoes, butter, 1/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide potato mixture evenly among prepared muffin tin and gently press to form a thin layer on the bottom and sides of each cup.
Bake until just golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350° F.
Gently crack 1 egg into each potato basket. Sprinkle with prosciutto, chives and parsley. Top each egg with remaining cheese.
Return to the oven and bake until eggs are set, 10 to 13 minutes. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.