- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots, dried figs or raisins (or a combination)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
Place bulgur in a heat-proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak until grains are tender and most of the water is absorbed, 30 to 40 minutes. Drain, if necessary, and fluff with a fork.
In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine bulgur, dried fruit, pomegranate arils, almonds, mint, parsley and shallots. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve warm, or cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.