- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 summer squash, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, fried
- 1/4 cup grated Manchego cheese
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cooking until soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in eggplant, squash and peppers; cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and add tomatoes. Simmer gently until juices have thickened and vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in oregano and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowls, top with a fried egg and sprinkle with Manchego cheese.