- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas, slightly heated
- Cilantro, avocado, shredded cabbage, tomato, lime juice, sour cream (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large stainless or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, red onions, garlic and tomatoes; sauté until onions are soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to the pan and add tamari, vinegar, agave and cumin; cook for 1 more minute. Add cilantro, salt and pepper.
Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.