- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk or half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 cups (3/4- to 1-inch) bread cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped brittle, toffee or praline
- 1 cup diced peaches (you may use frozen, thawed peaches)
- Bourbon Sauce
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk or half-and-half, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, bread cubes, brittle and diced peaches. Let sit for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350º F.
Butter a medium casserole dish and pour the bread mixture into it. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until set in the center. Serve the Bourbon Sauce on the side.
If you like, you may bake the pudding in a well-buttered mold and turn it out onto a decorative serving plate. Sprinkle it liberally with powdered sugar.