- 1/3 pound linguini pasta
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 8 ounces albacore tuna, well drained
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
Cook linguini in ample water according to package directions until al dente. Cool.
Warm milk over medium-low heat.
Heat butter over medium heat and add mushrooms, onion, celery, red pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat and whisk in flour, stirring well, for 5 to 10 minutes. Add heated milk and whisk well on low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thickened.
Add tuna, pasta, green peas and sour cream.