- 1 bunch cilantro, rinsed and stems trimmed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces orzo
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded, grilled chicken (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
Combine cilantro, lime juice, pumpkin seeds, garlic and cumin in a food processor; pulse to chop, scraping down the sides as needed. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook orzo in salted, boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, cilantro pesto, beans, corn, chicken, tomatoes and peppers. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member