- 2 pounds collard greens
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups chopped red onions (about 2)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 3 Anaheim chiles, julienned
Wash collard greens. Remove thick stems and any discolored parts. Place greens in a pot with water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain (reserving cooking liquid) and chop greens.
In a large pot, sauté onions in oil over medium heat until lightly browned. Add garlic, ginger, pepper, chopped greens and reserved cooking liquid. Cook uncovered until almost dry. Add chiles and cook another 5 minutes.