- 1/2 ounce arame seaweed
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 pound frozen edamame (soybeans)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup tamari
Soak arame for 20 minutes to hydrate; drain well.
Boil 3 cups water; add quinoa. Bring back to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, allow to sit covered until water is absorbed, stir to fluff.
Steam edamame for 2 minutes to thaw; let cool.
Toast sesame seeds in a dry sauté pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. When ingredients have cooled, mix together quinoa, arame, edamame and sesame seeds.
Heat sesame oil, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes for a few minutes in a sauté pan over medium heat; pour over quinoa mixture. Add rice vinegar and tamari; mix well and serve.