- 2 1/2 pounds three-cheese, tricolor tortellini (available in PCC's bulk department)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Boil tortellini in ample salted water according to instructions on package, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and rinse to cool.
In a food processor, blend pesto, garlic, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Slowly add oil while the machine is running until dressing is emulsified. Toss with cooled tortellini.
Toss parsley, red peppers and Parmesan into dressed pasta.