- 2 1/2 pounds yams
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Cut yams into wedges (do not peel) and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven on a baking sheet until tender, about 15 minutes.
To make the dressing, combine garlic, lemon juice and remaining cumin, paprika and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in remaining oil; stir in parsley and cilantro.
Gently combine yams with the dressing and top with sliced almonds.