- 2 (6-ounce) packages mixed sea vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 bunch green kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch purple kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into very thin rounds
Soak sea vegetables in ample water for at least 30 minutes; drain and rinse.
Prepare the dressing by mixing garlic, ginger, vinegar, honey, lime juice and tamari in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oils to emulsify; stir in sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
To prepare the salad, combine drained sea vegetables, kale, cucumber rounds and dressing in a large bowl; toss to coat well.