- 1 1/4 pounds extra-firm tofu
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery (about 3 ribs)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 ounces mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
Toss tofu in 1 teaspoon oil, salt, curry powder and coriander. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until slightly cooked but not yet brown.
Warm up remaining oil in a small stockpot set over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, ginger and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes.
Puree chutney in a food processor with cayenne; add to onion mixture.
Blend arrowroot and water to form a slurry and add to the simmering vegetables. Stir until thick. Add tofu; garnish with parsley and cashews.
Serve over rice.