- 2 pounds broccoli, crowns cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Blanch broccoli in small batches for 2 to 3 minutes; immediately cool under running water. Let dry thoroughly in a colander.
Heat a pan over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until hot. Add oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Sauté garlic until soft but not brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Do not let garlic brown. Refrigerate until fully cool.
Toss cold, dry broccoli with cold oil-garlic mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt, if necessary.