- 2 cups short grain brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crushed canned pineapple
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup roasted Spanish peanuts
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
In a pot, bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
In a bowl, mix together orange juice concentrate, tamari, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic, pineapple, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
When the rice is cooked, but still hot, stir in dressing. Cool in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
When the rice is fully cooled, stir in celery, green onions, bell peppers, peanuts and currants.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member