- 2 cups dried cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced fennel
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pound uncured ham, diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine beans, garlic and 2 quarts water in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 1 hour.
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté onions, peppers, fennel and thyme until tender, about 10 minutes. Deglaze the pot with white wine and boil briefly.
Add diced ham, cooked beans with cooking water, tomatoes, orange juice, zest and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return to a simmer and heat through.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member