- 1 pound Roma or cherry tomatoes (various shapes and colors)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella balls (2 ounce or 3 ounce balls of Bocancini or Ovalini)
Rinse tomatoes. If using Roma tomatoes, quarter them lengthwise. If using cherry tomatoes, remove the stems.
Mix together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
Toss mozzarella and tomatoes with the dressing and chill, covered, for 1 to 2 hours before serving.