- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces cashew pieces
- 1 cup Vegenaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bunch celery (about 6 ribs), sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Toss chicken in olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F, about 30 minutes. Cool. Dice cooled chicken into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes.
To toast cashew pieces, increase oven temperature to 350° F. Spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Mix together Vegenaise, curry powder, garlic, lemon juice and salt until dressing is blended. Toss chicken with dressing, celery, cashews and peas.