- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons oil to couscous; mix well. Boil water and whisk boiling water into couscous mixture. Cover until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Whisk again to loosen. Cool.
Add bell peppers, green onions and all the beans to the couscous when cool.
Whisk together sherry vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, garlic and remaining 2 tablespoons oil until dressing is blended. Toss dressing with salad.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member