- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- 4 ounces frozen sweet corn
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Hot sauce, to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté beef until cooked through; drain if necessary.
In a large soup pot, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked beef, potatoes, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
When potatoes are cooked, stir in corn, peas, parsley and hot sauce. Heat through.