- Olive oil
- 1 (1/2- to 3/4-pound) fillet black cod
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon mirin rice wine
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, brush parchment with olive oil and place fillet on the sheet.
Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Brush on both sides of fillet, and let sit for 10 minutes.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until fish gently flakes apart when prodded with a fork. Serve immediately.