- 1 cup whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 bunch loose parsley, leaves removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup loose fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup nonpareil capers, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, fresh
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
Place whole garlic cloves on a baking sheet, coat lightly with olive oil, and season lightly with sea salt and black pepper. Roast in a pre-heated 375° F oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Do not over-brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss well.
In a food processor, combine 1/4 of the mixture and pulse until chunky. The mixture ultimately should be spreadable, but rough chopped. Or, if you prefer, you can process until completely smooth. Repeat until the entire batch has been processed.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member