- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 1/4 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 pound yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 pound carrots, diced
- 1/4 pound celery, diced
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed under running water
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed under running water
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Toss meat in batches to coat.
Place meat on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with oil and bake until browned, about 20 minutes.
In large stockpot, add potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and cooked beef. Add wine, beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire, water, bay leaves and thyme.
Cover and simmer until everything is tender and sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours. Stir in frozen peas and corn during the last 15 minutes of cooking.