- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 2 pounds asparagus, woody stems removed and cut into diagonal pieces 1 1/2 inches long
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, core removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
Combine oil and lemon zest in a small bowl; set aside.
Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender, according to package directions. Drain, rinse and let dry. Toss with 2 tablespoons lemon oil; set aside.
Blanch asparagus in boiling water until the color just begins to change. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water. Let asparagus cool, then drain.
To prepare dressing, mix lemon juice, mustard, Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and remaining lemon oil in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, asparagus, bell peppers, olives, feta, onions and dressing.