- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup short-grain brown rice
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Salt, to taste
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, peppers and garlic; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, water, black pepper and red pepper flakes; simmer for 30 minutes. Add rice and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and salt, until dissolved and smooth.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member