- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal 1/2-inch-thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound pasta shape of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F. Toss carrots with 1 tablespoon oil, cumin, salt and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally, 25 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Transfer 2/3 of the carrots to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add yogurt, remaining olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and transfer to a serving bowl.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain well.
Add pasta gradually to yogurt sauce (so that the yogurt doesn’t separate), stirring to incorporate. Add reserved carrots, walnuts, parsley and Parmesan; toss gently and serve immediately.