- Serves: 4
- Ingredient Notes: Corn-free, Egg-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- Each serving
- 380 cal
- 14g fat (4.5g sat)
- 55mg chol
- 120mg sodium
- 43g carb
- 1g fiber
- 2g sugars
- 11g protein
- 1/2 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 to 16 prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fish stock or clam juice
- 2 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 3 pats
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh herb sprigs, for garnish
Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and keep warm while preparing the sauce.
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook prawns with thyme, fennel and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes, or until prawns are just opaque.
Remove prawns and pour wine and stock or juice into the pan. Increase heat to medium-high and cook to reduce by half. Turn the heat to low and stir in cold butter, 1 pat at a time. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Lightly toss pasta with wine sauce and prawns; heat gently. Serve garnished with fresh herb sprigs.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member