- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound medium to large prawns, shelled and deveined
- 6 ounces asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound dried pasta or 1 pound fresh pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and prawns. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until prawns change color. Remove prawns, add remaining olive oil, asparagus and garlic; toss for 30 seconds. Add red pepper and zucchini; stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add prawns, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Boil a large pot of water, add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and save 1 cup of the cooking water.
Toss vegetables, prawns and pasta together, adding cheese to taste and cooking water as needed to make a nice sauce.