- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces asparagus, thinly sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound fresh or 12-ounces dried fettucine pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, then asparagus and garlic; toss for 30 seconds. Add red bell peppers, toss and add zucchini; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta as directed on the package. Drain pasta and save 1 cup of cooking water. Toss vegetables and pasta together in the skillet, adding Parmesan to taste and cooking water as needed to make a thick sauce.