- 2 packed cups kale and chard, washed and destemmed
- 2 cups grated raw carrots or beets, or a combination (see note)
- 1 cup grated apples
- 3 to 4 tablespoons unrefined olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh citrus juice, such as lime
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Salt, to taste
If you have a food processor, pulse kale and chard until well chopped but not mush; if not, use knife to finely chop. Place greens, carrots or beets and apples in a large bowl. Add oil, citrus juice and vinegar and combine.
Toast pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, until fragrant and browning. Add to salad, toss and serve. This salad will keep nicely in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Wash vegetables and fruits well, but leave the skin on for grating.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member