- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered
- 6 ounces assorted wild mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 500° F. Lightly oil a 17-inch pizza pan.
Spread dough onto the pizza pan and top with half the peeled tomatoes. Add garlic, oregano, basil, peppers, onions, olives and mushrooms. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 minutes, then slide the pizza off the pan onto an oven rack and bake for 5 minutes.
Slide the pizza back to the pizza pan and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes.