- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap pea pods, strings removed
- 1 cup shelled English peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 cup pea shoots (optional)
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves (left whole if small, or chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Blanch snow pea pods, sugar snap pea pods and English peas in salted, boiling water until they turn bright green and are just tender-crunchy, about 3 minutes. Refresh in cold water and drain. You may cut sugar peas in half on a long diagonal or leave whole.
In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté shallots until just tender; let cool.
Transfer peas along with pea shoots to a large mixing bowl and toss with shallots, arugula, pistachios, mint and any of the other fun additions recommended below.
Add enough vinaigrette to coat well. Serve topped with feta cheese.