- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap pea pods, strings removed
- 1 cup shelled English peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 cup pea shoots (optional)
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves (left whole if small, or chiffonade)
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Blanch snow pea pods, sugar snap pea pods and English peas in salted, boiling water until they turn bright green and are just tender-crunchy, about 3 minutes. Refresh in cold water and drain. You may cut sugar peas in half on a long diagonal or leave whole.
In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté shallots until just tender; let cool.
Transfer peas along with pea shoots to a large mixing bowl and toss with shallots, arugula, pistachios, mint and any of the other fun additions recommended below.
Add enough vinaigrette to coat well. Serve topped with feta cheese.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member