- 8 cups water
- 3 strips wakame (seaweed)
- 4 ounces Japanese udon noodles
- 1 bunch green onions, diagonally sliced
- 2 carrots, cut like thin match-sticks
- 1/2 cup white miso
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger juice, or to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
In a soup pot, combine water and wakame. Bring to a boil, add udon noodles and let it come to a boil again. Lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove wakame, cut it into small slices and add back into the broth.
Arrange cut vegetables in individual soup bowls. Just before serving, dissolve miso in 1 cup of wakame broth and add to the soup pot together with tamari and fresh ginger juice. Taste to adjust flavor, then pour over vegetables in bowls. Garnish with cilantro.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member