- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- Butter, for bread
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Remove crusts from sandwich bread and gently roll out bread slices to about 1/4-inch-thick. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice. Line 8 muffin cups with bread slices, buttered side down, trimming the overhang, as needed.
Evenly divide corn, ham, chives and cheese between each muffin cup. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper, and divide between each muffin cup. Bake until eggs are set and lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate and serve chilled.