- Yields: 8 ounces
- Ingredient Notes: Vegetarian, Vegan, Corn-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free, Soy-free, Tree nut-free
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet and dry roast coriander, cumin, peppercorns and mustard seeds. Stir seeds continuously until they give off a rich smell. Be careful not to over-brown.
Remove from the heat then grind to a powder. Add turmeric, cayenne and salt; mix well. Add garlic, ginger and enough vinegar to form a paste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator;keeps for about 2 weeks.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member