- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil
- 1 dried red chili, smashed, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 20 button or crimini mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté chili, cumin and fenugreek seeds for 1 minute. Add shallots and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add garlic, mushrooms, coriander, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender but still have a little “bite”, 5 to 8 minutes. Season to taste with coconut vinegar and garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.