- 8 ounces fresh linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 to 6 asparagus spears, tough ends removed and cut into thin slices on a long diagonal
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup shelled English peas (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chèvre cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked and chopped bacon (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook linguine according to package directions, until just barely al dente. Err on the side of undercooked since it is going to be folded into the hot sauce. Drain but don’t rinse.
In a heavy sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic, asparagus and peas. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes or until veggies are bright green. Toss in arugula, spinach, basil, chèvre and bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
Fold hot pasta into vegetables and drizzle with a little additional olive oil, if desired. Toss to heat through and serve immediately. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.