- 1 cup black or brown lentils, sorted and rinsed (available in our bulk section)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Combine lentils, bay leaf and a generous pinch of salt in a large pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and remove bay leaf.
Toss Brussels sprouts, shallots, 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender and golden, shaking the pan occasionally, 30 to 35 minutes.
Mix garlic, Dijon and vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in remaining oil, whisking constantly, to make vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.
In a deep serving dish, gently toss together lentils, Brussels sprouts, shallots, vinaigrette, almonds and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.