- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 (1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch-thick) lamb rib or loin chops
- Demerara sugar, for dipping
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Zest lemons to get 2 teaspoons zest. Cut lemons in half, lengthwise, and set aside.
Combine lemon zest, oil, garlic, capers, parsley, mint and thyme in a small bowl. Spread mixture evenly over lamb chops; let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Dip each lemon half, cut side down, in sugar. Place lemons on the grill, cut side down, and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Season chops with salt and pepper. Grill chops until browned outside and medium-rare within, 5 to 6 minutes per side for rib chops or 6 to 8 minutes per side for loin chops. Serve two chops per person, topped with squeezed grilled lemon.