- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Pita bread, for serving
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
Combine tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, zest, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Set aside.
In a bowl, gently mix together lamb, onions, parsley, mint, coriander, salt and pepper. Form into 12 (3/4-inch-thick) patties.
Heat a dry cast iron skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook patties until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Serve patties with pita bread, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage and sauce.