- 2 teaspoons brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thigh meat, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 lemon, zested and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat chicken pieces.
Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add wine to the pan to deglaze; reduce to simmer. Add garlic, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and lemon slices. Let simmer for 5 minutes and then add sliced fennel and red pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish and bake, covered, for 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Adjust seasoning with sugar and additional salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in lemon zest.