- 4 pieces chicken (drumsticks or boneless breasts)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry with a paper towel. Mix together oregano, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic and cayenne in a bowl. Place buttermilk and breadcrumbs in two separate shallow dishes.
Toss chicken in buttermilk then sprinkle with spice mixture. Roll in breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat with remaining pieces.
Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven until golden and cooked through, 20 to 40 minutes.