- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 cups arborio or carnaroli rice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) jar tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 ounces semi-hard cheese, cubed (Gruyère , Asiago or Emmenthal are good options) (about ½ cup)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, cubed
- 10 cornichons, sliced in 1/8-inch rounds
- 20 olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon capers
Bring 1 gallon water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and rice. Cook rice until al dente, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain and let cool, gently stirring it every now and then.
While rice is cooking, make a vinaigrette by mixing lemon juice, oil and 1 teaspoon sea salt together. Pour half the vinaigrette in a bowl. Set aside the rest.
Combine half the vinaigrette, peas, tuna, cheese, eggs, cornichons, olives, peppers and capers in a bowl and gently mix.
Add cooled rice and remaining vinaigrette to the bowl. Mix gently and adjust salt, lemon juice and oil to your taste.
Serve at room temperature. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member