- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for roasting, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 5 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Toss cauliflower with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until soft and brown, about 20 minutes. Toss squash with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until soft and brown, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
Heat 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock in a pot until not, but not boiling.
Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add 3 teaspoons oil and rice; toast for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add hot stock, salt and pepper and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and squash and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze with sherry and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 1/4 cups stock and cream and bring to a boil. Stir in cooked risotto and fold gently. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and gently fold in cheeses. Season to taste with salt and pepper.