- 1 quart apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- Bourbon or apple brandy, to taste (optional)
Combine apple cider and cranberry juice in a large pot over medium-low heat. Place ginger and lemon zest in a large tea ball or a piece of cheesecloth tied with twine and add it to the pot with the cinnamon stick. Cover and let steep for 45 to 60 minutes, keeping it hot but without bringing to a boil.
Remove tea ball or cheesecloth and cinnamon stick. Divide cider between mugs. Serve as-is or add bourbon or apple brandy to taste.
Can be prepared and kept warm in a slow cooker set to Low.