- 12 to 16 thin green beans, trimmed and cut in half on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pound raw prawns - peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 cup Green Curry Paste (or to taste depending on spiciness)
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 10 to 18 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Fish sauce or tamari sauce, to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- Sprigs of cilantro for garnish (optional)
Blanch green beans in boiling, salted water for about 4 minutes. Refresh in cold water and drain.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, beans and red bell peppers and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are crisp-tender.
Add prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes more or until they turn lightly pink. Make a well in the center, add remaining oil and stir in curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or so to bloom the flavors.
Stir in coconut milk, spinach, basil and cilantro. Season generously with fish sauce and lime juice, and gently heat through.