- 12 to 16 thin green beans, trimmed and cut in half on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pound raw prawns - peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 cup Green Curry Paste (or to taste depending on spiciness)
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 10 to 18 basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Fish sauce or tamari sauce, to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for garnish
- Sprigs of cilantro for garnish (optional)
Blanch green beans in boiling, salted water for about 4 minutes. Refresh in cold water and drain.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, beans and red bell peppers and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are crisp-tender.
Add prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes more or until they turn lightly pink. Make a well in the center, add remaining oil and stir in curry paste. Cook for 1 minute or so to bloom the flavors.
Stir in coconut milk, spinach, basil and cilantro. Season generously with fish sauce and lime juice, and gently heat through.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member