- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa (any color)
- 1/3 cup buckwheat groats (also known as kasha)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, honey or brown rice syrup, or to taste
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (optional) (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried fruit such as cranberries, currants, dates or raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Combine all ingredients except fruit and coconut.
Spread the mixture out in a thin, even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and stir to distribute any browning. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes more. Remove and stir in fruit and coconut.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes longer or until the mixture is a deep golden brown. Allow to cool. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Adding brown sugar will make your granola cool into larger clusters. If you choose to omit it, your granola will still be toasty, crunchy and fabulous!