- 24 crimini or white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup packed chopped baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Carefully remove stems from mushrooms. If a stem breaks, use the end of a spoon to hollow out more space. Toss mushroom caps with olive oil and place on the prepared baking sheet. Finely chop mushrooms stems.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chopped mushroom stems, shallots and garlic for 5 minutes. Add sherry vinegar, breadcrumbs, spinach, parsley, thyme, sage and lemon zest. Cook until breadcrumbs are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Using a small spoon, stuff caps with breadcrumb mixture, mounding the filling slightly. Sprinkle each mushroom with Parmesan cheese.
Bake until mushrooms are tender and golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.