- 1 pound skinless boneless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns
- Melted butter for brushing, and high-heat oil for the grill
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion for serving
Place salmon, cilantro, hoisin and mayonnaise in a food processor. Blend until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Mix in green onions, ginger, garlic, jalapeño, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Form into patties. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
When salmon patties are ready, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush buns with butter and grill until grill marks appear and buns are toasty.
Remove buns and grease grill grate with high-heat oil. Grill salmon burgers until fish is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to buns and top with lettuce,tomatoes and onions.
Don’t Just Shop Your Values. Own Them.
When you’re a PCC member, your voice and your groceries go further — every purchase you make supports our community. Join our co-op today for a one-time fee of $60 and enjoy a lifetime of benefits, including exclusive offers and events, partner discounts with local businesses and more.Become a member