- 1 bunch asparagus (20 to 30 spears)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat a grill or broiler.
Snap off tough bottoms of asparagus spears. Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Place asparagus in a shallow, ovenproof dish. Pour marinade over the asparagus to coat.
Grill or broil the asparagus for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly colored.